We will be releasing a major site redesign on Monday, May 11th. The redesign includes our core site but will not impact any of our SimLeague or Dynasty games. The release will not require a site shutdown, so you shouldn't see any downtime.
In addition to giving the site a fresh, updated look, it allows us to expand the width of our pages from the current size to the more widely accepted and larger 1024 pixels. This will allow us to expand our games in the future with more statistics, options, and an overall cleaner look.
The My Locker page and the Beyond the Boxscore section will also see some new features in an attempt to further improve the user experience on WIS.
The update will require HBD to be shut down from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM ET on Tuesday, May 12th.
Amateur Draft Formula Builder:
We have included a new and improved way to rank your draft picks! Using the formula builder you can now weigh each individual rating on a scale of 1 to 10. You can also weigh each player by school. In other words, if you want to focus on mainly HS (or college) players we now give you the ability to do that. The manual ranking process is still available and we hope that in tandem with the formula builder you will now only have to manually rank maybe 10-15 guys. The formula builder will be an option on the draft settings page that you will have to manually choose to use. We have left the old draft settings in place in case any of you want to use the old system instead.
The formula calculation is very simple:
* Pitcher: ((each general rating * specified weight) + (each pitcher rating * specified rate)) * appropriate high school/college factor.
* Position Player: ((each general rating * specified weight) + (each position player rating * specified rate)) * appropriate high school/college factor.
There is also a small linear adjustment factor for pitchers with a combined stamina + durability of less than 70. This is done so pitchers who won't be able to throw many innings aren't inflated on the draft board. The pitcher with the absolute worst stamina/durability combination would incur a 10% reduction in his formula result.
Type D Compensation Picks:
Any franchise that does not sign their first or second round pick will now get a pick at the same position plus one slot in the next season’s draft. All unsigned third round picks will now be placed in a supplemental round at the end of the third round. In order to receive the compensation picks the following season you MUST offer the draft pick his demands and he MUST refuse to sign. You will not receive Type D compensation picks if you don't have the money to sign the player.
Multiple Type A Compensation Picks:
This fixes the scenario where one franchise signs two Type A free agents from two different franchises and the weaker franchise did not get the higher pick. It was previously based on timing of the signing it is now based on franchise rank.
Type A/B Compensation Extended:
Compensation picks will now be awarded through the first Amateur Draft preparation day.
Compensation Pick Reordering:
Compensation picks will now be put into the correct order on the first Amateur Draft preparation day. Previously, this would happen as soon as the offseason was complete.
Your draft settings will now carry over from season to season instead of being set back to the default values every season.
Unsigned college seniors will now come back as undrafted free-agents at a more frequent rate.
The formula for overall rating has been improved. Stamina for pitchers is no longer weighted so heavily. Other ratings have also seen some adjustments for a more accurate overall rating. All previous and current overall rating values will be updated for the sake of consistency.
So, with all that being said here are the changes that will affect your world and maybe even your franchise when we release the update next Tuesday:
* All of the 1st Round Type D picks will be put in their correct position (pick last season + 1). The Type D picks in the supplemental round will no longer exist for any world that hasn't had their draft yet.
* Type A compensation will be corrected as explained above (item #3). Any team that signed multiple compensation picks from multiple teams will have the compensation picks ordered correctly.
The update will also see a few minor engine improvements:
* Reduced the frequency of pickoffs in very late situations with trailing team hitting.
* Corrected a bug where putouts/assists were not being handled properly for strike 'em out/ throw 'em out double plays.
* Corrected a logic flaw where infielder wouldn't throw home to nail leading runner in some situations
* Improved logic so outfielders will now receive assists when throwing to relay man who throws to base to nab a runner.
* Improved logic where specialist wasn't being pinch-hit for despite being removed at start of inning half.
* Improved pinch-running logic so manager scans bench for player able to play the position before removing a player for a PR. (i.e., no PR for catcher when no other catchers available on bench).
* Improved player sub logic when hierarchies empty, nobody eligible based on spectrum so the player closest to the position along the defensive spectrum is used (i.e. use a 3B to play SS rather than a C).