Wednesday, July 20, 2011

20 questions with davidbutler9

1. What should we call you?
David, db9

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
I love all sports, baseball is probably my favorite sport followed closely by football. I also love playing poker, and spending time with my kids.

3. How did you fall into HBD?
I was online trying to find some baseball sim games and found whatifsports.com and fell in love with HBD.

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your teams?
I currently run 5 teams. i probably spend about an hour to an hour a half on each team per week.

5. Married? Children?
I am married with 2 wonderful children. I have an 8 year old son and a 3 year old daughter who thinks that she's the boss.

6. City/State you live in? Hometown where you grew up?
I live in Lafayette, IN which is the home of Purdue University. I grew up just outside of Lafayette, IN

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams often during the workday?
I work as a restaurant shift leader and yes i do if we are not too busy.

8. Who is your favorite baseball player of all time?
Ryne Sandberg

9. What makes you laugh?
my children

10. Top 3 all time movies?
Billy Madison
8 Men Out
The Hangover

11. What popular song past/present do you most identify with?
I really don't know if I identify with any songs.

12. Real baseball team you grew up loving? Still in love with them?
Chicago Cubs-I will always love the Cubs no matter how stupid it may be:)

13. Tell me 2 things you wish you knew about particular Joey Belle owners?
I enjoy playing against the other people in Joey Belle. I hope to get to know all of you a little better and that you all like the 20 questions idea, so we can all get to know each other a little better.

14. You're fairly outspoken as a Joey Belle owner. Why?
I am outspoken in real life as well. I have gotten more outspoken here partly because I feel that I should as the commish as well. I normally have an opinion about something, but i think that the great thing about life is that not everyone agrees and that we can all hopefully come to compromises on most things. I think it's important that people feel free to express opinions in a respectful manner.


15. What is your GM philosophy?
pitching and up the middle defense surrounded by very good, quality hitting

16. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? Your Joey Belle team name?
not at all. i'm not very creative with my nicknames

17. Who is/was your favorite Joey Belle owner? Why?
i'm not sure i have a favorite. i like everyone here.

18. Which MLB Commissioner do you admire or identify with most? Why?
i don't know if i admire him and i certainly don't identify with him but i think that bud selig has done a better job than most people think. he has made a few mistakes, but i think overall the game is in a very good place now.

19. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
i wish that they would tweak the ditr's more. there still isn't much improvement in most of those players and i've still never had a ditr who became a major league player

20. If I was Joey Belle Commish for a day I would...
do whatever blanch13 was doing. he was a great commish

No comments:

Post a Comment