Friday, July 22, 2011

20 questions with coach34

1. What should we call you?
Wool or Coach34- I go by Coach34 on a couple of message boards

2. Any hobbies or favorite pastimes besides HBD?
not really these days with having 2 young kids

3. How did you fall into HBD?
somebody posted about it on a message board I frequent and I checked it out- been hooked ever since

4. How many teams do you run? How many hours per week do you pour into your teams?
6 right now, but cutting down to 5 or 4....and I spend 6-7 hours a week

5. Married? Children?
yes and yes. Have 2 with ex-wife, and 2 more with new wife- ages 14, 9, 2, and 4 days

6. City/State you live in? Hometown where you grew up?
Shreveport, La...born and raised in Jackson, Miss

7. Occupation? Do you check in on your teams often during the workday?
On my 3rd career- was a HS football/baseball coach, then surgical sales, now a stay at home dad for the next year

8. Who is your favorite baseball player of all time?
Nolan Ryan

9. What makes you laugh?
people tripping and falling in public, Sam Kinison, Dice Clay, Chris Rock

10. Top 3 all time movies?
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction
Caddyshack

11. What popular song past/present do you most identify with?
Wherever I May Roam- Metallica (I've moved 11 times in the last 7 years)

12. Real baseball team you grew up loving? Still in love with them?
Cubs because of Harry Carey- not as much because the front office is so damn stupid

13. Tell me 2 things you wish you knew about particular Joey Belle owners?
ages of other owners I guess

14. You're fairly outspoken as a Joey Belle owner. Why?
I'm a loudmouth in real life

15. What is your GM philosophy?
I'm a Steinbrenner- all about winning now- worry about down the road later

16. Any special meaning for your WIS nickname? Your Joey Belle team name?
it's the name I've been called for 20 years- and I wore 34 in college because of Nolan Ryan- Free Swinger pretty much described me as a hitter

17. Who is/was your favorite Joey Belle owner? Why?
Me

18. Which MLB Commissioner do you admire or identify with most? Why?
Kennesaw Mountain Landis- had to come in and clean up cheating and the throwing of games- tough job and had to make some unpopular decisions

19. General pet peeves about the HBD game?
DITR is a waste of time- feel there should be some sort of penalty for losing 100 or more games 2 seasons in a row

20. If I was Joey Belle Commish for a day I would...
keep status quo

No comments:

Post a Comment